St. Paul’s Academy and Little Epistles Preschool is a preschool through 8th grade independent school. We celebrate a love of challenging questions, free expression, and service to others. We limit class size to ten at Little Epistles Preschool, 15 students for grades K-5 and Middle School School core classes may be larger, depending upon subject area. Classes will rarely exceed 18, thus ensuring that our students have more opportunity to ask questions and express themselves. Our school is making a positive impact in Whatcom and Skagit counties. All candidates must actively support the school mission, vision, and core commitments
As our Academy grows, we increasingly seek teachers with:
- – A proven record of high-impact classroom teaching experience;
- – References confirming an ability to energize, elevate, and stretch students;
- – Awards or other recognition from colleagues and students;
- – Experience at regionally or internationally recognized schools;
- – Professional leadership abilities and experience;
- – Experience recruiting and evaluating other great teachers;
- – A global perspective, and ideally international work experience;
- – An outstanding academic record, with an advanced degree, strongly preferred.
If you love helping students push their boundaries — and want to help us build a school that attracts leading teachers — then we invite you to contact us. St. Paul’s Academy is an independent and open community. We warmly welcome applicants of all backgrounds and beliefs.
Assistant Head of School (Principal)
St. Paul’s Academy in Bellingham, WA, seeks an Assistant Head of School (Principal) for the 2019-2020 school year.
St. Paul’s is a vibrant, pre-K through grade 8, Independent school serving Whatcom and Skagit counties. The AHOS will support the Head of School on school-wide initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- – School-wide leadership; part of a collaborative team
- – Day-to-day division operation, leadership and management
- – Implementation and support of school mission, vision, and core commitments:
- – Instructional guidance and supervision including IEP’s and 504 plans as appropriate
- – Teachers and staff: hiring, support, development, training and evaluation
- – Enrollment management working with the Admissions Director: retention and admission
- – Teacher and student scheduling; Student information system use
- – Standardized test administration and use of data
- – Special program management: field trips, and special services
- – Participation in budget development and management
- – Student decorum and guidance
- – Support of chapel and outreach programs
- – Parent and community relations
- – Previous teaching and leadership experience
- – Master’s degree in Educational Leadership or similar field
- – Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- – Strong constituent relations with children, faculty and staff, parents, members of the board and community – leading with warmth and integrity
St. Paul’s Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or any state or federally protected status. Compensation: $60,000-65,000. Available benefits include medical, dental, vision, and retirement (two year vestment period). Candidates are invited to send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Preferred deadline: February 15, 2019: Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Substitute Teachers – Preschool – Grade 8th
We are now accepting applications for substitute teachers for all levels and disciplines. Ideal applicants will have a college degree, Washington State teaching certification, and prior teaching experience. A foundation in curriculum and instruction, effective classroom management skills, and ready rapport with students are highly desired. Candidates are encouraged to navigate the school’s website, for further information regarding the school’s mission and objectives.
Submit cover letter, resume, completed SPA application with (unofficial) transcripts and two reference letters as instructed below. Official transcripts are required upon employment. We seek qualified applicants throughout the school year.
Questions? Please contact Dawn Regier at email@example.com
Full job descriptions will be sent after initial inquiry.
St. Paul’s Academy Little Epistles Preschool is looking for a preschool teacher starting January 2nd thru Mid March. Hours M-F 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM, then Mid March to June 1st, M-F 11:30-3:30 PM
Early Childhood Degree, AA or BA acceptable. Salary TBD, based on experience.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your completed forms by email to: email@example.com, or you may fax your applications to (360)734-1882 or mail to St. Paul’s Academy, 1509 E. Victor Street, Bellingham, WA 98225.
- Application form for staff positions: Staff Application Form
- Application form for teachers: Teacher Application Form
St. Paul’s Academy and Little Epistles Preschool do not discriminate in matters of employment, recruitment, admissions, or administration of any of its programs on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.