7th Annual Family Fun Night
The 7th Annual Family Fun Night on Friday, May 5th was a huge success. It was so joyful to have this annual inclusive school gathering with our fun-filled Surfin’ USA theme. We had a great turnout despite the yucky weather with about over 300 people in attendance!
There were games, a super slide, snack booth, cotton candy, shave ice, an amazing Wheel of Fortune jar room, and a craft room. There was an option to buy dinner (hot dog, pizza, salad, and a soda).
Chelle Beautiful Face Painting team came again to paint faces and provide balloon animals.
Some fun filled hula hooping at the Family Fun Night:
The parents that dressed in a beach outfit received one free drink.
We raised over $13,000 despite having a much smaller auction this year. Our raffle was fantastic with some amazing class baskets including Lego, SPA treatments, Mother’s Day, Gardening and Great Wolf Lodge… There was even a kayak, Seahawks tickets and the chance to be Mrs. Bucsko for the day.
The Giving Tree did very well too, so thank you to those of you who made a donation toward Physical Education, playground equipment, technology and the Lower School bathroom redo for the boys.
We also want to thank all of the people who helped PALS make a fantastic event once again:
- Thanks to the Admin, teachers, and staff for supporting us, letting us take over the school for a month, and make a mess of their classrooms.
- We want to thank our awesome Family Fun Night team for helping us coordinate this event: Antonia, Betty, Christy, Dina, Karen, Liz, Natalie, Robin, Sara J, Scarlet T, and Lower School Physical Education teacher Delicia Van Harmelen for hosting fun games and activities throughout the night!
- We appreciate our amazing volunteers that helped us set up and run the event including SPA High School Students: Ivy, Brendan, Cara, and Katie. 8th graders: Gavin and Michael. Parents: Jamie L., Marty, Tia, Kerri, Sue, Lorraine, Kathi, Rebecca, Sarah, and also the Kohl’s and BNC Volunteers.
- Thank you to the 7th grade class and parents: Theresa, Darin, Kasey, Carol, Kim, Rhiannon, Rosemarie, Ann, and Randeep for serving the food, Shave Ice, managing the 7th grade, dessert dash, and clean up! Thanks, 7th grade volunteers, for all your help too!
- We are grateful to all of those that stayed and lent a hand to help us clean up–such a huge job at the end of a busy night. And big thanks to our Custodial staff: Dave and Vlad for hauling everything over to the Lower School and cleaning the school for us!
Thanks to all the kids who entered the Surf Board contest.
Our school looked amazing with all the creative designs! We drew four names out of all the entries:
SURFBOARD CONTEST WINNERS
- Menchies $10 Regan S.
- Menchies $10 Kate P.
- Regal $10 Hank J.
- Grand Prize: Regal $25 Caitlyn J.
Please stop by the PALS office at the Lower School to pick up your prize!
- This event was possible with our sponsors including Bellingham Wedding & Event Rentals, Walton Beverage, Winco, Kulshan, SKB, Zeina Evans, and Bellingham Nanny Connection!
And to anyone we missed- thank you! We cannot host this event without the support of our school community!
Find more pictures posted on our St. Paul’s Academy Facebook Page.