Knights Unite! Annual Fund Campaign
St. Paul’s Academy needs your help!
Our students are learning. Our teachers are teaching. Tuition covers many expenses but we’re still facing a budget shortfall for the 2017-2018 school year.
You can help to close the gap. Let’s show our major donors and sponsors that we all understand the need for more support for our students, teachers, and staff.
The Knights Unite! Spring Campaign & Contest
Help our SPA Knights and students build the road to the castle. A new segment will be built for every $2,500 in donations and/or pledges received.
Uh-oh, the castle’s not finished yet! Every donation to the Annual Fund will count toward our participation goal. Once your class or section reaches 100% giving, their piece will be added to the castle. Every donation counts, no matter the size.
How YOU can help:
- Donate to the Annual Fund by May 31st or
Make a pledge to the Annual Fund that will be paid in full by July 31st
- DONATE ONLINE NOW
- Or fill out an Annual Fund donation form (available at every school office)and turn in with your donation
- Reach 100% participation in the Annual Fund campaign from every major
segment of our community
- Raise at least $125,000 for the 2017-2018 Annual Fund without additional donations from our handful of major donors who have already given this year
How the Contest Works
- Donate to the Annual Fund by May 31st OR
- Make a pledge to the Annual Fund that will be paid in full by July 31st
- The first class or section to reach 100% giving in each division (LEPS, Lower School,Middle School, Staff/Board) will be treated to a “Royal Feast” in June
- If we reach 100% participation AND our fundraising goal, the
development team will provide a special treat for everyone at the end-of-year picnic on June 15th
- The leader board flyer will be updated and posted at each school office weekly through May 31 so families can easily track progress
- The thermometer graphic and donor list will be updated online and posted at each school office weekly
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I already donated to the Auction and/or PALS this year. Isn’t that enough?
A: Thank you for your support! One goal of the Annual Fund is to measure the amount of engagement our members invest in our community. When we can show high participation in the Annual Fund, we may be able to qualify for additional funding or grants.We hope every family will want to give what you can for every project or need in whatever way you can.
Q: Why doesn’t tuition cover 100% of the school’s operating expenses?
A: There are multiple answers to this question:
- Quality education is expensive. We don’t receive funding from the government like public schools or subsidies from a religious institution like many private schools.
- Tuition is kept artificially low so that more local students can afford to attend SPA.
- The school works year-round to fill the gap between tuition and costs. The annual Auction & Gala in January raises about one-third to one-half of what we need each year. We’re fortunate to have major donors who step in to help to fill the remaining gap when our annual fund comes up short. They give generously and we hope they will continue, but it’s not a healthy business model for our school.
- We need to work toward becoming self-sufficient by building our sources of funding. One of the most critical keys to our future is a strong Annual Fund donation drive. Once we’re self-sufficient, imagine all of the wonderful ways we can enhance our school with additional donations from major benefactors!
- Donations may be tax-deductible while tuition is not. This is a way we can help our families make the St. Paul’s Academy experience more affordable.
Q: I can only give a modest amount. Does my small donation really make a difference?
A: Yes! Every gift counts toward our goal for 100% participation. We still have a steep goal to meet and greatly appreciate larger gifts from those who can give more. Please consider how your family can help this year. If every family gives $100 this month, we would raise $25,000. If every family could pledge to give $50/month through July, we could raise over $50,000. If every family gives $500, we would exceed our goal of $125,000.
Q: Do gifts from family or friends count toward my child’s class goal?
A: Yes! Just be sure they mention who they are related to / donating for. Please spread the word and help fund the wonderful programs your student enjoys at St. Paul’s Academy.
Q: How can I donate?
A: There are many ways to donate. You can easily make a one-time donation or set up a monthly pledge through our new Annual Fund donation page. You can also fill out the Annual Fund form & turn in to the office with your check or cash donation.
Thank you in advance for your support. Please spread the word!
Our Generous Annual Fund Donors 2017-2018
Wayne & Dina Berry
Kathryn & Laurence Cambron
Terry & Jane Carten
Martin & Heather Carter
The Dolar Family
John & Mimi Ferlin
Ryan Ferris & Carol Lucero
Robin Foote & Tom Little
Friends of St. Paul’s Academy
The Galeas Family
Jamie & Tina Hippner
Robin & Vicki Hunt
Mark & Denise Jordan
Grandmother of Hank Juhnke
Nick & Deborah Kaiser
Piotr & Christine Lyzwinski
Peter & Stephanie Manning
Matt & Denise McCoy
Susan & Randy Nesmith
Paul & Stephanie Sadler
Valentino & Rachel Scott
Kark & Jennifer Snyder
Jason & Liz Walker